Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Storm Kickin' Saga

Last week, a package was handed to me. Contained within was gold, lots of gold... and apparently rumblings of this being limited gold.

As I've rambled about before, I've heard great things and had great success with the Storm Kickin' Stick. The only problem is mine was stolen, due to a faulty leader--more on that later.

I've searched the interwebs for an online supplier, and both Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's list them, but not in the black and gold colour of tasty little perch. As such, I've been growing more and more concerned that I might not hold a shilling's worth of gold ever again.

Alas, Mark called our local tackle Guru, Steve, over at Lambeth Rod & Tackle (link unavailable due to, well, no website) and Steve called his Storm rep to put in an order. Steve asked for 6, the Storm rep said he had 4, so Steve ordered them, and Mark and I bought his stock.

All's well, right? Well, not really. I mean, what's it mean that Storm only has 4 of them?! Are they still producing more? Do I hold in my hand the last 3 (I took the majority of them from Mark) precious lures?

These questions and more burn at my soul, but until my supply dwindles down, I'll abide my fate and catch all that the Storm Kickin' Stick will allow.

If you're so inclined, call your local tackle shop now, and put in a request. If they have none, tell them to call their Storm rep and put in a request. Kicking lures are great, and I've been told they're a closely guarded secret of pro anglers. Well, you too can hold the power of the kick, call your tackle shop now!



Finally, in the words of Forest Gump: "... and that's all I have to say about that."

No comments:

Post a Comment