Friday, March 9, 2012

My Greatest Day of Fishing

My greatest day fishing was August of 2009 when my family was camping in the Kingston area.  We went down to Lower Brewer's Lock to get some sunfish for the kids.  We took 3 rods, perch rigs and 18 worms.  The sunfish were plentiful and we stopped counting at 100 catch and release in the first hour or so.  The sunfish kept up like that all day, including some big ones.  We spent more time unhooking fish than having our rods in the water.  The only time we stopped was for the steak and shrimp lunch my wife prepared on the BBQ. When we got tired of the sunfish many hours later I started to target bass.  2 cast with a tube jig against the far shore and I had a 3 pounder on the end.  After many, many bass and hundreds of sunfish we had to call it a day.

The fishing and memories were so good, I'm thinking of doing a 6 hour drive just to fish it once more on a weekend this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment