Friday, May 4, 2012

Ditto, on the Weekend Fishing


Being more sport fish oriented, I'm foregoing the late night cat fishing and will instead be busting out the new waders and hitting Komoka Provincial Park... ok ok, it's not really a provincial park, just called one.

Anyway, there's a sweet spot, or at least a spot--it's sweetness is yet to be determined, that looks like something out of River Runs Through It. Low and behold, guess what my weapon of the day will be! A Loop fly rod. :)

Anyway, as Mark mentioned awhile ago, Trout's in season, so I'm hoping to wash the skunk off my rod with a nice little trout. Komoka Park rests nicely between the Komoka Trout Farm and Oxford Street. Rumour has it the Komoka Trout Farm stocks the river, and the Angler's Association stocks brookies somewhere around Oxford Street. This may not be a great hole this year, but it's time is coming (back, as I heard this place used to rock the town).

No comments:

Post a Comment